In the fourth and final video of CIPE’s Anti-Corruption Compliance series explains the remaining steps for instituting an effective compliance program, continuing off of what was laid out in the third video. The animated video explores how a company can implement the following points:
- monitor and audit the quality of the internal control system’s performance and how these tasks should be done by an internal or external entity;
- create a sound, company-wide reporting system and a way to investigate and look into the reported concerns or issues;
- develop a spelled out spectrum of disciplinary actions and consequences in the company’s policies and procedures and apply enforcement and discipline fairly and consistency;
- use incentives to encourage people in the company to behave ethically;
- And when a violation is discovered and investigated, think of how to improve the compliance system so something similar does not happen again.